Grow With Guidance is dedicated to the success of all students and everyone in the school community through our products and programs.
The Grow With Guidance ® System is an innovative approach to education that develops students’ spirit, purpose, and potential.
The Grow With Guidance® System Overview
The Grow With Guidance® System:
- Consolidates many programs into one
- Organizes your program
- Meets performance and accountability requirements
- Includes all performance instruments
- Includes student, staff, and family development with standards, benchmarks, indicators, and performance observation/evaluation
- Includes a behavior management plan that implements System concepts into student life skills
- Includes a self-talk/self-picture plan
- Includes a plan for staff implementation skills and family involvement
The Grow with Guidance® System
The Grow With Guidance® System Contains:
- System Levels Primary, Intermediate, Middle School, High School and Manual
- G.G. Raddbearie puppet, music book, tape, and CD in English and Spanish
- Unique self-concept process
- A F.U.N. board game for intermediate through high school students to practice skills
- All necessary assessment tools including a class climate survey
- Computer assessment scoring and reporting service
The Grow With Guidance® System Foundations
The Grow With Guidance® System Manual and System Levels Primary through High School are included. Each Level System contains all System components needed to implement the comprehensive, performance-based, Grow With Guidance® System.
The System’s components are tested and proven for students at the developmental level of 4 to 18 years of age.
Components of the Grow With Guidance® System:
- Behavior Management
- Staff Implementation Skills
- Family Involvement
“If we want a different result, the plan needs to be different.”
Tommie R. Radd, Ph.D.
The Grow With Guidance® System presents a systematic and realistic approach for laying the foundation for such important concepts as:
- Developmental Guidance – The perfect package to save you years of time for developing a guidance system and counseling program that really works.
- School-To-Career – The Grow With Guidance® System creates the foundation needed for School-To-Career and life-long learning. The classroom and school is the “life lab” for student experiences needed for life success. Students develop strong self-identities, an awareness of others, an ability to control self, an ability to make helpful decisions and solve problems, the skills needed to function in a group, and the skills needed to be effective learners. These skills are the foundation for life-long learners and productive workers. The Grow With Guidance® System also includes a Curriculum Career Strand in each Level.
- Drug Free Schools, Safe Schools, Bullying Prevention, and Other Self-Destructive Concerns – Prevent drug abuse, violence and other self-destructive problems. The integrated, comprehensive Systems approach is the most realistic plan for successfully breaking the cycle of self-destructive behaviors. Behaviors such as all forms of chemical abuse, teen pregnancy, child violence, bullying, and child suicide are complex. The components of The Grow With Guidance® System include those basic, core skills and systems needed to address all self-destructive behaviors. Specific enrichment information about each behavior can be added to this foundation when necessary.The wonderful thing about The Grow With Guidance® System is that you are developing the skills needed for breaking the cycle of self-destructive behaviors, while simultaneously you are developing the skills needed to maximize human potential.
- Students-At-Risk -The Grow With Guidance® System provides the environment and skills needed for students-at-risk to succeed.
- Social Skills, Conflict Resolution and Character Education – The comprehensive Systems approach addresses the development of social skills throughout the scope and sequence of the system spiral. Various components of the System are the base for healthy social skill growth. This system responds to needs as they arise as well as assisting students in developing friendship skills such as sharing, cooperation, mutual respect, assertive versus aggressive behavior, communication skills and manners. A plan is outlined in each System for social skill development.
- Invitational Education – This system gives you the plan and process to create an inviting school environment. The Invitational Teaching Survey (ITS) is included in the System Manual. Note: For information about the International Alliance for Invitational Education, Click Here
- Emotional Intelligence – The Grow With Guidance® System provides the curriculum and experiences for developing EQ while supporting academic growth.
- Academic Progress and Success – The System creates the foundation needed for academic achievement, progress, and success. All system components contribute to the academic growth and experience of students. The Academic Essential Learning Curriculum Strand provides skill experiences that make a difference as students develop. Students work collaboratively, cooperatively, independently, and responsibly in the classroom “life lab” as engaged learners who understand how they learn and ways to apply what they learn.
- Response to Intervention – The Grow With Guidance System provides the foundation needed for Response to Intervention. All system components contribute to the Personal, Emotional, Behavioral, Social (PEBS) and Academic growth and experience of students. Students work collaboratively, cooperatively, independently, and responsibly in the classroom “life lab” as engaged learners who understand how they learn and ways to apply what they learn. The classroom and school is the “life lab” for student experiences needed for life success.
“We need a vision of education that addresses the development of the whole student who can function, contribute and succeed in today’s world.”
Tommie R. Radd, Ph.D.
The Grow With Guidance System, Innovative Info Plus
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
- Children of color represent the majority of young people in California, Florida, New York and Texas–the states that will account for a third of the nation’s youth?
- Democracy requires an unprecedented level of cooperation, communication and teamwork among people who are different?
- It is urgent that we rethink public education.
- For democracy’s sake, we must educate well.
Reference: Children of 2010. Edited by Washington and Andrews.
Rate of Change Information
By 2020, knowledge will double every 73 days? Reference: Keynote address, University Presidents
Our Developmental Guidance System is essential for students’ success, present and future.
The Grow with Guidance® System
This systematic approach lays the foundation for addressing issues such as
- academic progress and success
- developmental guidance
- response to intervention
- safe and drug-free schools
- bullying prevention
- invitational education
- character education
- emotional intelligence
- and students-at-risk to name a few.
IMPROVE your vision of education
EMPOWER all students for success
DEVELOP Students’ Spirit, Purpose, and Potential
“It’s time to move beyond test scores as you prepare your students to contribute as global citizens. Embrace this proven research and evidence-based system needed to meet the needs of our students in the 21st century. After all, our greatest national treasure is our children. And the quality of resources … your top priority.”
Tommie R. Radd, Ph.D., Author
Tommie R. Radd, Ph.D. NCC, CRC, LPC
- Public Educator for more than 30 years
- School Counseling and Counseling Expert
- Former School Board Member
- Curriculum Specialist
- Former Professor and Graduate Faculty Research Fellow
- International Speaker and Researcher
Grow With Guidance® System Research
Download the new Grow With Guidance Research Summary
Grow With Guidance Research Summary [.pdf]
Research using The Grow With Guidance® System has confirmed several of the many benefits for students and staff. The following results of statistical significance may be of interest to you.
The results reflect post score comparisons of three groups, two experimental and one control. The comparisons between groups include the following:
- The Grow With Guidance® System has a proven positive effect on student self-concept as learner which is critical to students’ academic performance and school behavior.
- The Grow With Guidance® System has a proven positive effect on the self-control of students.
- Students using The Grow With Guidance® System feel better about their learning.
- Teachers who use The Grow With Guidance® System are perceived and reported by students as utilizing greater invitational teaching practices which affect class climate and environment.
- Teachers using The Grow With Guidance® System in an intensified manner report feeling better about themselves and feeling better about their teaching. They have made changes to their teaching approach and report better teacher/student interaction.
Download the full report, The History, Development, and Research of the Educational Systems Model: The Grow With Guidance®System [.pdf]
Research is continuing on The Grow With Guidance® System. If you are interested in participating in a research study or in conducting research, please contact The Grow With Guidance® office.
The Grow with Guidance® System